Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

What I'm listening to:


I want Grace's hair, her voice, her body...her hair...
this CD is the soundtrack of my summer.

Gayngs' "Relayted."
I can't even begin to tell you all the artists on this album,
or describe its sound.
Just. Listen. To. It.
And love it.

'Member last summer when I was all,
Now she's on the Eclipse* soundtrack & people are all, "Yeah, I love her, too!"
Right.
Anyway, my new power voice of choice is Marina, of Marina & The Diamonds.
She is so hard rockin'. Go love her.

She's an old friend...
Her new album is a bit of a twist from her typical fare...
...makes me wanna dance barefoot 'round my yard,
or run through the sprinklers. Naked.
Go 'head Sia. You make me happy.




I read REAL books!!!!! (Love you, Janet!)


This shall be made into a feature film,
starring Carey Mulligan & Nicholas Hoult.
I decree it.
I also decree that Jason Reitman shall direct it.



I've only read 50 pages of this,
but can hardly stand to put it down.
CAPTIVATING!



Quirky. Dark. Fascinating. Heartbreaking.
This has been reviewed as, "A contender for Great American Novel" status.
I agree.


Finished this one a few weeks ago...it's a beach read.
It's all romantic, with a lot of history and mentions of the University of Virginia.
Which is to say YOU MUST READ THIS!
(Also, I'm saying it here & now--this one BETTER be made into a movie.
I would also like to produce its soundtrack. Of course.)




Diggin' On My TV Screen:


I love an angsty teen drama,
and this one's surprisingly good.
It's filling the hole left in my heart by Chuck Bass...
...I mean Gossip Girl.


Please.
Like I need to explain this.
Y'all know I've been a fan since the very first episode.



What are you watching/reading/listening to? Do share!

*It's good, as far as soundtracks go.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm reading Violet Dawn on Kindle right now....It's pretty good so far. It's a Christian ghost storyish type book. I'm only on chapter five, but the characters are really intriguing.....

Ker said...

OMG! I'm reading The Passage right now! So good! I'm about half way through :) Glad I'm not the only one reading it (though I figured I wasn't since Kindle tells me that it is in the top 10 of books that are being PAID for right now). Happy Summer, Lula!

Abby said...

I am currently reading The Pilot's Wife. It's good... sad and a little slow so far. Thanks for the book and music ideas though because I've been needing some. I'm looking forward to meeting you for real on our vacation! :)

Heather said...

Oh sweet summertime, it's been too long since I've read your blog!!!!

I am ashamed of myself.

First of all, your taste in music is impeccable. And you've read so much I haven't heard of!! I need to do some serious catching up in life.

Seriously.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I have about 20 pages left in "The Lonely Polygamist" - and it is truly one of the best books I have ever read.

I just read that Anne Hathaway is going to be in One Day - and I can't recall the male lead - but I had not heard of him.

Kate said...

Marina is excellent! "I Am Not a Robot" was my song of summer '09. Can't get enough of it.

Thanks for the Grace Potter recommendation--I'll let you know what I think when I buy her album!

CaraBee said...

Love Sia. She's a little slow for the gym, but she's perfect car music. I put on the Sia station on Pandora and bop on down the road.

I've heard of a couple of those books, but haven't read any. Adding them to my list. Now.

Ashton Dene' said...

I love when you suggest music/books/movies/tv shows...I always find the best stuff through you.

Can't wait to check most of this out!

xo, ash

Beth said...

I haven't been here in AGES. And I am sorry. But... to make up for it, there is something for you on my blog!!

I will make more of an effort to come spread the love more often!

Unknown said...

ANOTHER REASON WHY I LOVE YOU.. YOU HAVE GREAT TASTE :)

x0-

sun

amanda leeann said...

i heart mariana & the diamonds! glad i'm not the only person who has ever heard of them.

& eric. oh eric. i love you. and am mourning the fact that i didn't get a new episode on the 4th.

Brandy said...

I haven't read a dang thang this summer. But now I'm making it a priority and adding these books to the 1245 already on my list.

I must confess I tried to like PLL. I really did but I just don't. I know that is so anti-teen-drama of me but it's true.

Unknown said...

I've been reading lots and lots of research for my thesis this summer (yuck), but I've also been listening to Marina and the Diamonds along with the new Arcade Fire (love), and of course watching "True Blood" (yum).

Holly Knitlightly said...

I am so addicted to Pretty Little Liars! Someone on a blog was talking about watching it, so I checked it out and LOVE it! Haha. I kinda wanna buy the book(s) now.