Monday, June 7, 2010

Things I Never Needed.

It's been almost two years since Kristen, who is my people, introduced me to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.


Grace is also my people...her voice is all her own, yet I hear twinges of Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks, and Carole King in it, too. And I don't care who you are, that right there is good programming.

When it's Autumn, this music makes me want to curl up with a warm blanket and a mug of coffee, and watch the leaves fall to the earth. Then summer rolls around and I'm sitting on my front porch, tea in hand, rocking the evening away...while Grace serenades me and the crickets. Yes, I dig her a whole dang lot.


"Take the mistakes I haven't made yet...they're all I have left..."

That reduced me to tears. And it's a rare song which moves me to weep.

"Grace Potter and The Nocturnals," their first album in 3 years, will release on June 8. I highly recommend it, along with their 2007 offering, "This is Somewhere."

You're welcome.






6 comments:

Tony C said...

I was beginning to believe you had be abducted by aliens...then I remembered the Gap might be a little hard even for an advance society to find.

All in love...

Kristen said...

You KNOW I love my Grace Potter. Oh, the excitement I feel to be downloading the new album.

You're my people too. Always.

Unknown said...

oh my........ oh my.....this is magical..

Shannon said...

Niiiiice.

Would love to have been around that table.

Live.Love.Eat said...

You should have been a saleswoman or my publicist. I trust you. Very much. I will get it.

And yeah, I have missed you!!!!

Kate said...

I'm late to the party, but I love your music recommendations.

If, per say, you were broke which album would you suggest investing in? I've been sampling both and they are incredible, so I'm stuck. Advice please.