Thursday, January 1, 2009

About

*I'm Leigh Anne, also known as Lula.  Why is "Lula" my nickname?  I have no idea...remind me to ask my sister-in-law, MandyFabulous, where she came up with it.


*My husband, daughters, family and friends are my world.  But Jesus rules all of these.  It's important you know that I am a Christian* first and foremost.  The rest is just gravy.

*I believe the South is the center of the universe.  Yes, there are other breathtaking and majestic locales around the world, but if they're not below the Mason Dixon line, I regard them as unimportant.  Except for brief vacations, of course.

*Steel Magnolias should be quoted daily.  My favorite line:  "Pink is my signature color!" Truer words have never been spoken.

*Jason Statham is my boyfriend.  It's perfectly acceptable for you to think he's a work of finely chiseled art, however please keep it forefront in your mind that he belongs to me.  

*My favorite animal is a pink owl.  I'm still holding out hope for the existence of said pink owl.

*With every fiber of my being I believe that Paul Simon and Van Morrison are the greatest poets of the modern age.  That their poetry is set to music just transcends the spectacular.

*In our family, the Christmas season begins the day after Thanksgiving and only ends on January 2.  Vince Guaraldi's soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas," is played non-stop during this time.  

*I think it is perfectly ladylike to drink beer directly from the bottle at any time, and sip wine from a red Dixie cup when outdoors.

*Hello Kitty and I are the same age.  This makes me cool.  

*I am Georgian by birth, Bulldog by the grace of God.  GO DAWGS!!!!

*If I had to create the menu of my final earthly meal, it would be comprised of crab.  Crab legs, crab cakes, and She-Crab soup.  Throw in some cheese grits, Tiramisu, and sweet tea, and I'll enter Heaven all fat and sassy.

*My favorite line of Shakespeare's comes from Much Ado About Nothing:
"Silence is the perfectest herald of joy."
Which is ironic, as I am never silent.


~*~
Leigh Anne is a wife, mother, and rebellious southern belle...
who fully believes tattoos and monogrammed handkerchiefs 
will never be out of style.
~*~





*I am an evangelical Christian who accepts the Bible--and only the Bible--as the infallible Word of God.   I also believe God loves me just the way I am...but He loves me far too much to leave me this way.  
"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."--Ephesians 2:8, 9

10 comments:

Amy said...

Love this.
I want to be there for one of those meals. Love Steel Magnolias.
Van Morrison and Paul, feel the same way.
I love Hello Kitty so much.
I love pink.
It is my signature color too.
You rock.

Unknown said...

I love that I'm the first on your blogroll.. even though it's b/c it's alphabetical and has nothing to do with loving me the most. But shh.. don't tell Buttons.

I also love that you also call Nik- L.A. Nikki. Cuz she is. All L.A.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you that I agree with your faith statement completely and couldn't say it more eloquently!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Hi! Nice to "meet" you! Saw you on the list for the Vegas Sistssomething conference! :-) Thinking about going!

Jenny Strickland said...

Love this! Except I have to say Roll Tide! =)

Kari said...

Happy SITS day! I should have you know that my mom and I DO quote Steele Magnolia's on a daily basis! It makes life more understandable!

"My colors are blush and bashful...Her colors are pink and pink."

"Ah Wheezie, you know I love you more than my luggage."

"Yes, Adell, I pray."

Haha...Classic movie.

Have a great day!

PJ said...

HI Lula! I just came from SITS and wanted to say I enjoyed your blog. I haven't been blogging very long, so I'm really enjoying seeing all the neat and beautiful blogs of people. Mine seems kind of BLAH after seeing some of these. I just saw Harry Potter "The Half Blood Prince." I liked it, but it didn't seem to have the action that the others did. Come by and chat when you get a chance. My blog is PJs Prayer Line at http://www.pjsprayerline.blogspot.com

PJ

Lynne Daley said...

Ditto all the above! I'm a Dawg, too! This next football season has to be better with new DC. I just found your blog and love it!

Seizing My Day said...

I definitely want to follow your faith-filled blog!... except ... my blond hair and lazy mood are getting the better of me today! =) Do you have a google friend connect?? =) well... anyway... I will add you to my blog roll!
Just Jenn~ www.seizingmyday.com

Gail said...

Hey from a fellow faith-filled, LOST fan in NZ!