Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little pitchy, dawg.

Whilst Twittering & checking weather.com, Sweet Caroline (come on, Neil, baby--I still love you!) ran over and said, "I wanna sit with you!" We're hanging out at the computer, enjoying each other and having a moment when I decide to serenade her with my best Kathleen Battle impersonation. (She's an opera diva, for those lacking culture.)

Me: "Grace, grace, God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within..."

Caroline: "No sing, Mommy...no sing!"

She puts her hands over my mouth while I continue my aria-wannabe, with more gusto and bravado. Then my 2.5 year old daughter reaches into the basket next to me, pulls out a stick of gum and proceeds to shove it into my mouth, saying, "There you go."

Smart kid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

no kidding. dumb she ain't. i'm gonna try that on joey.

Debbie said...

So so so funny. oh my goodness...that is classic!

Pinky Roth said...

Caroline got her point across, huh? She is so adorable and so like you in actions.

Mom

Michelle said...

Hahaha, that cracked me up! She is so funny!!

Unknown said...

She is just a little sweetheart! I just love her to pieces!