Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Impressions.

Went to Walmart after church this evening in search of a cheap DVD player for our "gym," because movie-viewing will aid my endurance while on the elliptical or treadmill. (Wishful thinking, at least.) Just before paying ($48--not exactly cheap, but it was a Sony, the only brand worth having according to Scotty) I noticed a familiar face in the New Releases section. MY BOYFRIEND! He's also known as Jason Statham, but I like referring to him as my boyfriend. Leave it alone.
Of course I bought the movie, even though I'd never heard of it. When it comes to Jason there are no price checks, no thinking about whether I really need it or not. It's really one smooth, fluid motion...I grabbed & tossed into the buggy in less than 2 seconds. This is real love, folks.
In The Name Of The King
I'll report back later to give my review of In the Name of the King. The cover art displays swords, horses, and a battle scene, and it's obviously a period piece. These features alone are enough to pique my interest--but the casting director was obviously genius enough to hire Jason Statham for the lead role. SOLD! And really...even if it turns out to be lame I will have spent two hours of my life enjoying him as an actor. And as a fine-looking man. That's what counts, peeps. It's the little things in life that make me happy.
What was that, Scotty? No, Katherine Heigl is not in this particular flick. Sorry, honey. Go back to your Xboxing.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Jason Who? Wha? Period Pieces? We might need to break up ;)

Ker said...

Jason is a dream boat, however, In the Name of the King was pretty awful. Hubby and I saw it in the theater. Actually - I take that back... it wasn't awful, but pretty much every other movie he has done is way more awesome.

But who knows... perhaps you are a fan of cheesy lines, awkward transitions and bad acting (except for Jason, of course). All in all, I'm going to give the movie a 9 out of 10 (because Jason counts for 9 points, lol).