Update, 8:15 pm, Wednesday.
My parents & nephew are visiting for a few days (round of applause for the Roth crew, in from middle Georgia!) and I shimmied over to the computer to do my rounds (as Debbie brilliantly described it) with my mother asking, "What are you doing?" I explained, and then she hit me with her best shot:
"I'm not believing you blogged about your tootie, Leigh Anne!"
Yes, Mama. Believe it. You have raised me well.
As I've mentioned before, I have a modicum of dignity and decency. About 90% of the time. Here's when the remaining 10% comes into play.
On Mother's Day my kind mother-in-law gave to me some aromatherapy body wash & body cream that she'd found at our one and only gift shop here in the country. I immediately began slathering on the cream because I'm a sucker for thick, rich, smelly goods...and this particular stuff was "Ginger Mint" fragranced., i.e. perfect for the burgeoning summer. I put the body wash on hold until the stuff already in the shower was used up. That was yesterday.
Tonight, after a full day of dealing with the worst sinus infection ever (it will be documented, folks--I'll see to it once I'm better), as well as a seething case of pink eye (in both eyes!), I decided to break out the new stuff from my MIL...again, the Ginger Mint stuff. My head might be thisclose to exploding and my eyes might look all vampiry, but doggone it, at least this body can smell and feel fresh and clean, right?
I commence with the bathing and while rinsing off, a tingling feeling began to form in a rather auspicious location on my person. Yeah, there. Y'all know where I mean. I grabbed the tube and began to read, certain there'd be a huge warning: "DO NOT USE NEAR OPEN ORIFICES," or something of that nature. Instead, this is what I found:
Look no further for a natural and gentle body wash. The revitalizing and fresh aroma of Aura Cacia's Ginger/Mint Body Wash will energize your mind and rejuvenate your spirit--while gentle, non-drying coconut cleansers leave your body spotless from head to toe. Ginger/Mint--warming and replenishing.
Replenishing? Well, I guess. But warming? Oh, heck no! Had she felt this tingly sensation, I do believe my 6 year old would've yelled, "My tootie's FREEZING!" The Ginger Mint didn't necessarily "energize my mind," but it did deliver a shocking jolt of minty fresh coolness to my nethers.
Mama, there won't be any sunset walks along the beach, wearing twinsets & pearls while the waves lap at our bare feet, and our pants rolled just high enough to avoid saltwater damage. Because not only am I now clean, I'm also minty fresh. And it ain't my breath I'm talking 'bout. I now have that yes-it-is-so-fresh feeling. Who knows? Maybe it will travel north and clear my chest and sinuses? A gal can dream... And y'all know I had to drag my puny self right to this pink laptop and share with all you blogging pals. Right about now, though, the SITS gals are shaking their heads and wondering, "Minty tooties? Maybe that's the secret in the sauce!"